Lead developer Tyler Olmstead will release v158 on Tuesday evening, October 15th. Changes include:
- Technician workflow tiles display Label & Status
- Customer emails send PDF as link instead of an attachment
- Color changes on Appointment/Event based on RO State
- Color on Technician columns correspond to the color checkboxes on Technician list
- Bug Fix: Part list price auto adjusts when user tabs through markup or margin
#1 - Technician workflow tiles display Labels & Status
On the Workflow page, Technician tiles include Labels and Status, when present on the RO. Labels and Statuses will update on the tiles in realtime, as they are changed.
#2 - Send PDF as link instead of an attachment for Customer emails
Previously when an RO got emailed to a customer, the RO was provided as a PDF attachment. ROs with a lot of photos or information could reach large file sizes and cause the email to be rejected by certain email clients and not be delivered.
The emails with RO copies no longer provide PDFs as attachments. Instead they contain a button that the customer can click to access the RO PDF (estimate, work order, or invoice). This link is unique to the PDF file at the time the email was sent and will be accessible to the customer forever, regardless of continued RO changes on Shop-Ware.
That is, it is the equivalent of sending the PDF file, just without the embedded file size.
#3 - Color changes on Appointment/Event based on RO Status
When you are viewing the Scheduler, you are able to see at a glance which appointments are Checked-In or not.
- The lighter color shown will indicate that the customer has not checked-in yet.
- The lighter color shown will indicate that the appointment block does NOT have an RO associated to it
- The most saturated color indicates that a the vehicle is checked-in and the RO is an active work order.
- When the RO is closed and becomes an Invoice, the tile will be gray.
These changes allow you to view what is going on in the current and future day, but also in hindsight to quickly find no shows.
#4 - Color on Technician columns correspond to the color checkboxes on Technician List
In previous releases, we enabled the ability to color code Technician appointments in the Scheduler. As well, as hide/show specific Technicians by using the Technician List checkboxes. This release puts the color code on the Technician List checkboxes, creating a seamless user experience by making cohesive color coding on the columns and the the checkboxes.
#5 - Bug Fix: Part list price auto adjusts when user tabs through markup or margin
Shop-Ware presents part markup and margin alongside list price when creating and editing parts. When a parts price is very large, the decimal resolution of markup and margin is not precise enough to match exactly.
As a result, when a user edited a Part in Inventory and used the tab key to move from a large list price to its markup or margin, the price will round to another number.
This has now been corrected where price will not be changed unless markup or margin numbers are actively edited.
This concludes Release Notes for Version 158. Enjoy!
Any additional questions please contact Support@Shop-Ware.com