Lead developer Tyler Olmstead released v164 on Tuesday evening, November 26th. Versions 162 and 163 were released previously. Updates include:
- Appointment tooltips include service counts and unfinished billed hours
- Parts allocation details available on Inventory page
- Return Records capture Vendor Payment Type and sync to Accounting Link
- Inventory On Hand quantities can be bulk updated by Support
- Bug Fixes
#1 - Appointment tooltips include service counts and unfinished billed hours
Version 161 introduced tooltips on Appointments from the Calendar View. This release adds service details to the tooltip:
- The total number of services and billed hours for the entire RO (ideal when you're first scheduling the appointment).
- The number of incomplete services and their open billed hours (ideal when you're blocking off additional "carry-over" time at the end of a day.
- RO status
You can tell the appointments that haven't completed: they will remain in solid color (active work orders). To inspect those appointments and block off more time on a subsequent day (carry over), mouse over the magnifying glass icon for those appointments and see how many billed hours are remaining.
#2 - Parts allocation details available on Inventory page
Details of parts allocation statuses are now available! When you see a status for:
- In Progress
- Short 3
You can now click on any of those pills to view the part's quantities page, and click on the status you want to inspect. Each tool tip includes the quantities assigned to each repair order, and a link to that repair order in the same window. (Right click to open in a separate tab.)
Note that Short 3 (parts on Estimates) does not have dedicated allocations; Short 3 is calculated in bulk. Therefore you will see all the Estimates that have the parts in question expected in the next 3 days; the Short value on the modal will tell you how many still need to be acquired in advance.
Stay tuned for these tooltips on the Inventory page proper (no requirement to open the edit modal).
#3 - Return Records capture Vendor Payment Type and sync to Accounting Link
Vendor Payment Types have been supported on Parts and Sublet A/P since last summer. This release adds support for Vendor Payment assignment on Returns, to associate credits from vendors to the same accounts in Accounting Link.
When you "receive" a parts Return Order, you will now see the "Paid By" selection, the same as the normal parts receiving workflow. Pick the payment type and this is memorialize on the Return Record, and push to Accounting Link (to the same payment account) for those using it.
#4 - Inventory On Hand quantities can be bulk updated by Support
For those doing inventory audits, you can now make your On Hand quantity updates directly on the spreadsheet downloaded from the Shop-Ware inventory page. Shop-Ware will honor the columns exported originally, and the inventory item IDs that were existing.
Return the modified XLS, XLSX, or CSV file to support and we will upload the file for you. This will bulk update all On Hand quantities according to your entries in your store.
Stay tuned for additional support for other bulk updates!
#5 - Bug Fixes
The following open issues were addressed in this release:
- HTML escaping in parts search results from Repair Order
- HTML escaping in auto response to SMS replies
- Inventory and Purchase Record exports not governed by export permissions
- Long part numbers not displaying nicely on PDFs
This concludes Release Notes for Version 162-164. Enjoy!
Any additional questions please contact Support@Shop-Ware.com